Four Generations of Sutter RoofersBack to main gallery

C.P. Sutter started his commercial roofing company in Clarksburg WV in 1902, and it has remained in the family ever since. After a shift in the 1930s and 40s to mining dust collection steel piping fabrication. When that market slowed Sutter Roofing went back to its roots in commercial roofing. They became expert in EPDM single-ply roofing by the mid-1970s.

It was in 1979 that third-generation Stephen Sutter founded their Florida operation in Sarasota. Today that Florida business is run by Stephen Sutter, Chairman, and sons Doug Sutter, President and Brad Sutter, Executive Vice President. The Clarksburg WV operation is run by Stephen’s brother David. Single-ply roofing gradually shifted to asphalt to meet the Florida market demands and remains their most popular product line today.

Sutter Roofing now operates offices in Fort Myers, Tampa, West Palm Beach, and Orlando, with payroll, purchasing, and accounting done in Sarasota. This gives them the ability to shift work crews from office to office to meet market needs if one area has more jobs than another. Currently re-roofing is roughly 70 percent of their Florida business with the other 30 percent being new construction.

Challenging jobs are no problem for Sutter Roofing. Some examples:

  • They delivered over 250 truckloads of materials and worked 40,000 man hours on the University Town Center Mall over the course of a year
  • They installed 33,000 square feet of flat roof and 25,000 square feet of tile at the Positano Condos in Longboat Key FL
  • The air-supported roof at the University of Florida’s O’Connell Center basketball arena was replaced with a conventional bar joist and steel deck. The general contractor was greatly behind schedule and Sutter Roofing only had 21 days to dry-in and complete the project which included working on slopes exceeding 18/12. They completed the job in time for the University’s commencement ceremonies that year.

Sutter Roofing is dedicated to maintaining a standard of professional service and standing behind their work. They don’t cut corners and will correct their mistakes when they happen. If you need a new roofing job or re-roofing, Sutter Roofing is ready to serve you. Call our Sarasota office at 941-377-1000.

Sutter Corporate Headquarters

8284 Vico Court | Sarasota, FL 34240
(800) 741-0090
(941) 377-1000
(941) 377-4499 (fax)
#CC C029599
#CC C054782